|Photo 1 Low Res 800×373||Photo 2 Low Res 800×454||Photo 3 Low Res 800×533|
|Photo 1 Hi Res 5276×2460 (8.5Mb)||Photo 2 Hi Res 5276×2460 (12Mb)||Photo 3 Hi Res 5276×2460 (12Mb)|
Download: Quarter Street Bio (PDF)
Debut Album available worldwide from HopeStreet Recordings
Quarter Street Profile
Quarter Street, 10 member salsa group, have worked consistently to become the leading latin music group in Australia since their inception in 2012. The band have won awards and recognition internationally, spanning genres, demographics, from latin music, world music and retro-analog funk & soul music scenes in London, Brooklyn and Melbourne.
Quarter Street’s self-titled 2015 album has been played on radio stations across Europe, the USA and Latin America and received glowing reviews. The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show (‘Lister” from Red Dwarf) named the album as of the best albums of 2015. The band’s revival of the raw sounds of New York Salsa from the 1970s has shown that the music of the streets resonates with the voice of the people, in this era as it did back then.
Quarter Street has performed at major festivals and music industry events in Australia since their album release:
- Australian Word Music Expo 2015
- WOMADelaide 2016
- White Night Melbourne 2016
- Brunswick Music Festival (headline)
- Javier Vasquez (Colombia, ex Grupo Niche) Tour Melbourne 2022
- Ricky Campanelli (Canada) Tour Melbourne 2022
- Queenscliff Music Festival
- Night Cat Residency
- Shot Kickers (Melb) Residency 2022
- Local Council Festivals, City of Stonnington, Casey, Maroondah, Frankston
The band were invited to the Montreal Jazz Festival in 2016 and 2017, and the Festival de Tambor, Havana, Cuba, 2016.